You probably get at least a few postcards in your mail every day. Have you noticed that you always look at the front and usually flip them over, too? Postcards are incredibly hard to resist because there’s something compelling about that small, stiff card stock.
Postcards are experiencing a revival as business owners and marketers are rediscovering the powerful impact postcards can deliver. What’s so great about postcards? Postcards have several advantages over many other marketing channels.
• Postcards are less expensive to print.
• They don’t require envelopes or other inserts.
• Postcards provide an instant visual connection with the recipient.
• The limited space for copy and graphics forces you to get to the point quickly.
• Recipients don’t set them aside to read later, leading to instant reaction.
• Postage is often lower than with other forms of direct mail.
• Postcards are great for personalization (with variable data printing – VDP).
• Postcards work very well in driving website traffic.
• Postcards are fantastic to use in a series sent over time to educate, engage, and drive sales.
• Graphics and copy are easier to create.
• Postcards work well for both short-run and larger-volume orders.
• Postcards make great appointment reminders, thank you notes, and follow-up cards.
Think of postcards as mobile mini billboards. They get your message across and can travel at very economical rates.
Of course, postcards do have some limitations. They’re obviously not great for any type of promotion or campaign that needs lots of space for copy due to the size limitation. It’s also not easy to generate direct sales with a postcard campaign. However, postcards are fantastic for creating awareness and generating sales leads. In fact, it’s hard to beat postcards for economical lead generation campaigns.
Postcards can be created in traditional sizes, as well larger sheet sizes. They can be die-cut with custom-size shapes in order to stand out and create attention. Postcards can be made from very thick card stocks, laminated, and even made from plastic stock. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Direct mail is only one way to use this powerful marketing tool. You can also include postcards as part of a media or brand identity kit; as a promotional handout at trade shows and networking events; and as part of a sales letter insert.
The humble postcard is a powerful counter-measure to digital marketing. As more people are turned off by spam emails and other digital waste, they’re paying more attention to postcards. Postcards have a higher read-rate than many other marketing mediums because they are easier to digest quickly.
Postcards have a place in your marketing campaigns. If you use eye-catching, powerful design in addition to strong, to-the-point copy, combined with a call to action, there’s a great chance your target audience will respond the way you’d like when you use postcard marketing.
At Print-It Plus we continue to offer a variety of printing services, advertising and marketing plans to our clients, including postcards. We work with our clients to design a postcard with the best call-to-action so that you will get the most out of your postcard campaign. Our printing services include color printing, Giclee printing, offset printing, brochures and direct mail. We also offer website design and cohesive marketing plans that often incorporate Foot-In-The-Door strategies to help build your business for both short and long term success.
For more information, go to http://www.printitplus.com.