There has been quite a backlash from The New York Times blockbuster article last weekend claiming that social media giant sites Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others routinely look the other way (some would say even encourage) when fake and paid-for profiles make up a significant portion of a member’s group of followers. Part of the narrative is that internet marketing numbers have been over-hyped from the beginning, and that this latest expose should come as no surprise to anyone who has followed the history of online marketing.
The overstating of subscriber and follower numbers and impact is a reminder that there are other, often more reliable forms of marketing that are available to your business. With the right advisor to guide you while also helping you to create, design and execute a highly effective Direct Mail marketing campaign, you can reap significant financial benefits from your marketing budget. In the West Palm Beach market, Print It Plus is one of the very few printing, branding, advertising and marketing companies that has the expertise in all of those areas to help you maximize your return on investment on your direct mail campaign.
Is it true that direct mail can still be an effective and cost-effective marketing tool for your business? Yes. And do not take our word for it. There have been numerous studies conducted by well-respected companies in recent years highlighting that even millennials – yes, millennials! – read and utilize information and coupons they receive in their physical mailboxes. How attracted to direct mail are millennials?
Recent studies report the following data:
A study cited in a 2013 article in Compu-Mail shows:
- 75% of Millennials find that the mail they receive is valuable
- 92% are influenced by direct mail to make purchase decision as opposed to 78% influenced by email.
- When asked about whether or not they would prefer to continue receiving promotional emails or receiving the same promotional items but in the mail, 70% said email or other digital delivery and a whopping 90% said they would prefer postal delivery.
And here are additional statistics cited from another recent article on Digitaldogdirect.com:
- 90% of Millennials said they would prefer postal delivery over email when receiving promotional items. (Source)
- 82 percent of Millennials read direct mail from retail brands and more than half (54 percent) look forward to receiving hard-copy retail catalogs in the mail. (Source)
- 73% of Millennials use direct mail coupons when making purchases. (Source)
- 63% of Millennials who responded to a direct mail piece within the past three months made a purchase. (Source)
- 90 percent of Millennials think direct mail advertising is reliable. (Source)
- Those ages 18 to 21 read mailings immediately 62 percent of the time. (Source)
- 25% of Millennials consider reading direct mail a leisure activity. (Source)
- 80% of Millennials want brands to entertain them, and they find direct mail entertaining. (Source)
The bottom line is that a well-strategized plan using Direct Mail and/or Every Door Direct Mail campaigns will get your business a significant amount of exposure to potential customers, even when they are millennials.
At Print It Plus we can help you with all of your marketing ideas, including showing you how to incorporate a powerful direct mail campaign into your plan for 2018. In addition to our knowledge of every door direct mail (EDDM) and all other aspects of direct mail, we offer custom design and production for all of your marketing pieces including on vehicle wraps, posters, banners, signs and all printed materials. We also offer mailing, branding, business stationery and business cards, marketing collateral, variable data printing, promotional products, websites and secure web form services for medical offices. It is our pleasure to service the entire Palm Beach County, Florida area and beyond including Royal Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Wellington, Loxahatchee, Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Jupiter and Boca Raton. Ask about our free pick-up and delivery throughout the county on your order, as well!
To talk with our account team, one of our designers or to place an order, contact us today by calling us at (561) 790-0884. You can also visit our website at HTTP://WWW.PRINTITPLUS.COM or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to helping you CREATE INFINITE POSSIBILITIES throughout this new year of 2018 and well into the future!
Here are links to the two articles mentioned above:
Here are links to four other articles with more data which further supports millennials’ attraction for and significant usage of direct mail.